districtC O U R T
The District Court in Haskell has exclusive jurisdiction within the territorial limits of the City of Haskell, Arkansas, and including the area of Saline County outside of our city limits patrolled by Arkansas State Police.
This Court exercises jurisdiction over traffic violations, misdemeanor criminal cases, and violations of the city ordinance. All citations and fines will be paid at Bryant District Court. Personal check, cashier’s check, or money order only. Cash not accepted. All court sessions will be held at the Bryant District Courtroom.
- The Bailiff will make an announcement first. Everyone is asked to be quiet and respectful when court business is being conducted. Disruptive behavior such as talking, laughing, shouting or creating other loud disturbances will not be tolerated.
- Hats must be taken off before entering the courtroom.
- All cell phones and pagers must be turned off before entering the courtroom or the business office. Any cell phone or pager that sounds during an open court session will be confiscated by the court and turned over to the Judge.
- Smoking, food and drinks are not allowed in the courtroom or business office.
- Weapons are strictly prohibited from the building. All weapons will be confiscated and the violator will be appropriately charged.
- There are no child care facilities provided by the court. Children who become noisy will be required to remain outside of the courtroom under adult supervision. It is best for you to make other arrangements for someone else to take care of your children while you are in court.
- Be on time and stay in the courtroom until your name is called. The Prosecutor may call the names on the docket first. If you have any questions or have any documents to show him regarding your charges you may do so at this time.
- Our court session begins after the Prosecutor is finished answering questions and dealing with certain charges. Then the court is called to order by the Bailiff or Court Clerk. Everyone in the courtroom should rise. A similar procedure is used when court adjourns. Please be patient and wait for your name to be called. Once you have been summoned to the bench, you may approach the podium.
- Do not use slang unless it is a direct quote from the evidence stated as testimony.
- Bring pertinent paperwork relevant to your charge(s). At your Trial always pass all documents to the court Bailiff. Never directly approach the Judge’s bench.
- If you do not understand a part of the procedure, please ask for an explanation.